***PLEASE NOTE*** If you are using Bay ROES on a computer that is connected to a corporate or school network, FTP access may be restricted, and the following instructions may not be applicable. In these cases, you may need to contact the network administrator or connect to a different network.
The "Send erred" message indicates that something is blocking your system's attempt to upload the order. If you have Java 7 or Java 8 installed and are also using the Windows Firewall for internet security, the Windows Firewall will prevent Bay ROES from uploading orders. To allow the upload, you will need to make an exception in the Windows Firewall. To do this, please follow these steps:
Make sure that the Windows Firewall is actually enabled. Otherwise, the following steps will not be necessary to resolve the issue.
- Open the Control Panel, and browse to System & Security > Windows Firewall
- If the Windows Firewall page shows green shields, it is active. Red shields indicate that is not active.
- Close the Control Panel.
- Windows 7 Users: click the Start Menu, and in the search field immediately above, enter cmd. This will display cmd or cmd.exe as a search result. This is the Windows Command Prompt.
- Right-click on the cmd program, and select Run as administrator.
- Windows 8+10 users: Right-click on the Start Menu, then click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- If you are prompted by Windows security to open it, approve that dialog.
- The Command Prompt will open to C:\Windows\system32
- Copy & paste (Paste command Ctrl+V won't work, instead right-click and select Paste) or type in the following command: netsh advfirewall set global statefulftp disable
- Press Enter on the keyboard
- Beneath that line, "Ok." should appear. This indicates that the exception has been made. If an error message is displayed, re-enter the text correctly.
- Type exit into the Command Prompt, and press Enter to close it.
- Return to ROES and attempt to re-send the order. If the connection is successful, the upload will show a progress bar that gradually fills as the order is transmitted to us.
- When the order is complete, ROES will display a message that the order has been sent. You may close ROES at this point, and a confirmation email should be sent within the next 30-45 minutes.